Subtitling consists of translating and adapting audiovisual content. The limits in space, time and reading speed require specific adaptation and translation.
Adaptation and translation are broken down into several stages:
- Detection: detecting the dialog transcript from the soundtrack so it can be translated
- Spotting: identifying the entrance and exit times of the subtitles to be synchronized with the soundtrack as well as changes in camera shots and scenes.
- Transcoding: adapting the translated subtitles to dialogue and time codes detected during spotting
- Simulation: verifying that the subtitles can be read comfortably, together with soundtrack and shot synchronization
- Text correction and readjustment
Word Class completes these tasks for you using different technical subtitling platforms, adapted for both European and Asian languages. These platforms are designed to inlay subtitles in all audio formats (MP3, WAV, WMA and more) and for all standards, specifically for use on the Internet. Special attention is given to both the quality of the translation and the reader’s viewing comfort.
Word Class offers experienced teams of translators and specialized voice talent for commentary and voice-over assignments. Artists are chosen by knowledgeable artistic directors who oversee casting and manage actors in the studio. You can choose your preferred voice from among several male/female vocal samples available in a wide variety of languages. Our recording studios and editing suites across the globe provide access to a whole host of voice artists in many target languages. Recordings are created using state-of-the art equipment and supervised by a professional sound engineer.